There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Maryland
- Educational Leadership Programs in New Jersey
- Educational Leadership Programs in Delaware
- Educational Leadership Programs in Virginia
- Educational Leadership Programs in Pennsylvania
- Educational Leadership Programs in Washington DC
- Educational Leadership Programs in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Maryland
Each year, approximately 0.6% of Maryland graduates receive degrees in educational leadership. Thus, Maryland's 17 educational leadership schools put out approximately 771 educational leadership professonals each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a educational leadership program is Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 141 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. The tuition rate at Johns Hopkins University was $40,680 per year.
Towson University, which is located in Baltimore, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 43 students graduated from Towson University educational leadership program. Towson University charged in-state students $7,656 in tuition fees per year.
University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which is located in Baltimore, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 110 students graduated from University of Maryland-Baltimore County educational leadership program. University of Maryland-Baltimore County charged in-state students $9,171 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Maryland's educational leadership schools ranges from $40,680 per year to $3,010 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,270 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland educational leadership schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- McDaniel College - located in Westminster, students are charged $33,280 per year
The educational leadership schools in Maryland that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Cecil College - located in North East, students are charged $3,010 per year
- Coppin State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $5,547 per year
- University of Maryland-University College - located in Hyattsville, students are charged $6,000 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs educational leadership graduates in Maryland pursue include preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. 7,510 educational leadership professonals were working in Maryland in 2010. Of these, 5,290 were middle school principals. In addition, 1,320 were preschool directors, and were deans. In Maryland, the largest numbers of educational leadership professonal work in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 5,180 educational leadership professonals
- Frederick County - 1,610 educational leadership professonals
- Washington County - 230 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 10,750 educational leadership professonals will be working in Maryland. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 6%.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $83,828 per year. But, salaries for educational leadership professonal can vary. In 2010, educational leadership professonal made as little as less than $16,720 per year or as much as more than $155,320 per year in Maryland. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Somerset County - $96,615 per year
- St. Mary's County - $93,100 per year
- Caroline County - $86,815 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Allegany County - $79,775 per year
- Washington County - $79,960 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $85,585 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Maryland were:
- Middle School Principal - $102,620 per year
- Dean - $93,780 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $92,640 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Maryland were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $92,640 per year
- Preschool Director - $46,270 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Maryland
- Certificate in Educational Leadership in Maryland
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||n/a||$93,780|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||5,290||$102,620||29.7%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||1,320||$46,270||41.9%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||900||$92,640||13.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Maryland