There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Maryland
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of Maryland receive elementary education degrees every year. That means an estimated 727 elementary educators graduate from Maryland's 30 elementary education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a elementary education program is Johns Hopkins University. Johns Hopkins University, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. no students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. Tuition at Johns Hopkins University was $40,680 per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a elementary education program is Towson University. Towson University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. In 2010, Towson University graduated 163 students from its elementary education program. The tuition rate at Towson University was $7,656 per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland with a elementary education program is Salisbury University, which is located in Salisbury. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 93 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Salisbury University in 2010. Salisbury University charged in-state students $6,908 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Maryland's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,423 per year, though tuition can range from $40,680 per year to $2,204 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland elementary education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- McDaniel College - located in Westminster, students are charged $33,280 per year
The elementary education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
An elementary education degree from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Maryland pursue careers as an elementary educator. Maryland had 26,710 elementary educators in 2010. In Maryland, the largest numbers of elementary educators work in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 13,010 elementary educators
- Frederick County - 3,380 elementary educators
- Washington County - 1,310 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in Maryland will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 32,720 elementary educators working in Maryland.
An elementary educator in Maryland earns $59,840 per year on average. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $33,490 per year or as much as more than $113,740 per year in Maryland. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Frederick County - $72,260 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $57,660 per year
- Somerset County - $57,450 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Allegany County - $51,120 per year
- Washington County - $53,090 per year
- St. Mary's County - $55,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Maryland
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||26,710||$59,840||-2.2%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||5,290||$102,620||29.7%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||4,040||$63,950||-24.6%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,670||$45,750||0.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Maryland