There are schools offering health information programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Maryland
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Maryland students graduate with degrees in health information. In other words, every year an estimated 78 health information technicians graduate from Maryland's 8 health information schools.
Allegany College of Maryland, which is located in Cumberland, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 85th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Allegany College of Maryland graduated 12 students from its health information program. The tuition rate at Allegany College of Maryland was $3,266 per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a health information program is Montgomery College. Montgomery College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Rockville. 24 students graduated with degree in health information from Montgomery College in 2010. Students at Montgomery College paid $4,272 per year in tuition fees.
Carroll Community College, which is located in Westminster, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 88th in the country in 2010. Carroll Community College charged in-state students $2,899 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Maryland health information school, average tuition will be $3,305 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,899 per year to $4,272 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Maryland health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Montgomery College - located in Rockville, students are charged $4,272 per year
- Anne Arundel Community College - located in Arnold, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Prince George's Community College - located in Upper Marlboro, students are charged $3,290 per year
The following Maryland health information schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Carroll Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,899 per year
- The Community College of Baltimore County - located in Rosedale, students are charged $2,996 per year
- College of Southern Maryland - located in La Plata, students are charged $3,100 per year
A health information degree from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in Maryland pursue careers as a health information technician. Maryland had 3,130 health information technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Maryland health information technicians are working in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 1,940 health information technicians
- Frederick County - 530 health information technicians
- Caroline County - 100 health information technicians
The government projects that the number of health information technicians in Maryland will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,970 health information technicians working in Maryland.
A health information technician in Maryland makes an average of $40,930 per year. In 2010, however, some Maryland health information technicians earned as little as less than $18,010 per year or as much as more than $64,540 per year. A health information technician in the following Maryland counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Frederick County - $44,610 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $41,490 per year
- Washington County - $37,460 per year
The following counties in Maryland have the lowest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Allegany County - $27,070 per year
- Somerset County - $29,570 per year
- Caroline County - $33,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in health information in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Maryland
- Certificate in Health Information in Maryland
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||3,130||$40,930||26.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Maryland