There are schools offering history degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering History Programs in Maryland
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a history program is Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 57 students graduated with a degree in history from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. Tuition at Johns Hopkins University was $40,680 per year.
St. Mary's College of Maryland, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a history program. It is located in Saint Marys City. In 2010, St. Mary's College of Maryland graduated 35 students from its history program. St. Mary's College of Maryland charged in-state students $13,630 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland with a history program is Towson University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 90 students graduated with degree in history from Towson University in 2010. Towson University charged in-state students $7,656 in tuition fees per year.
History schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $17,686 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,680 per year, or as little as $5,547 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- Washington College - located in Chestertown, students are charged $36,738 per year
The history schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Coppin State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $5,547 per year
- University of Maryland-University College - located in Hyattsville, students are charged $6,000 per year
- Bowie State University - located in Bowie, students are charged $6,154 per year
A history degree from a Maryland school... what next?
A large number of Maryland history graduates become historians. If you decide to work as a historian in Maryland, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 50 Maryland historians as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland historians:
A historian in Maryland earns $90,070 per year on average.
For more data regarding a career in history in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Maryland
- Master's Degree in History in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in History in Maryland
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Maryland