There are schools offering international business degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Maryland
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Maryland receive international business degrees every year. Thus, Maryland's 7 international business schools put out approximately 211 international business professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a international business program is Salisbury University. Salisbury University, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Salisbury. 11 students graduated with a degree in international business from Salisbury University in 2010. Students at Salisbury University paid $6,908 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a international business program is Frostburg State University, which is located in Frostburg. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. In 2010, Frostburg State University graduated 9 students from its international business program. Frostburg State University charged in-state students $6,904 in tuition fees per year.
University of Maryland-College Park, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a international business program. It is located in College Park. In 2010, 85 students graduated from University of Maryland-College Park international business program. The tuition rate at University of Maryland-College Park was $8,416 per year.
Tuition at Maryland's international business schools ranges from $33,280 per year to $6,000 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,473 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Maryland international business schools were charged at the following schools:
- McDaniel College - located in Westminster, students are charged $33,280 per year
- University of Maryland-College Park - located in College Park, students are charged $8,416 per year
- University of Baltimore - located in Baltimore, students are charged $7,330 per year
The international business schools in Maryland that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Maryland-University College - located in Hyattsville, students are charged $6,000 per year
- Frostburg State University - located in Frostburg, students are charged $6,904 per year
- Salisbury University - located in Salisbury, students are charged $6,908 per year
An international business degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer are the professions of choice for a majority of international business graduates in Maryland. If you decide to work as an international business professional in Maryland, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 87,250 Maryland international business professional as of 2010. This number includes 19,980 business analysts, 3,960 chief executive officers, and 51,990 operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland international business professionals:
- Anne Arundel County - 41,960 international business professionals
- Frederick County - 24,450 international business professionals
- St. Mary's County - 2,530 international business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of international business professionals is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 98,900 international business professionals working in Maryland then. Of these 98,900 international business professionals, the government predicts that 27,990 will be business analysts, 5,810 will be chief executive officers, and 54,390 will be operations managers.
international business professionals in Maryland earn $93,421 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Maryland international business professional earned as little as less than $16,280 per year or as much as more than $146,240 per year. International business professionals in the following Maryland counties make the highest salaries on average:
- St. Mary's County - $116,138 per year
- Frederick County - $107,807 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $93,357 per year
On average, international business professionals earn the least in the following Maryland counties:
- Garrett County - $62,945 per year
- Allegany County - $66,600 per year
- Caroline County - $78,340 per year
On average, the highest paid international business professionals in Maryland were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $172,630 per year
- Operations Manager - $120,860 per year
- Business Analyst - $90,740 per year
On average, the lowest paid international business professionals in Maryland were:
- Wholesale Buyer - $61,240 per year
- International Buyer - $55,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in international business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or supply chain management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Maryland
- Master's Degree in International Business in Maryland
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,990||$120,860||3.0%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||6,640||$69,230||8.7%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||2,460||$61,240||0.4%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,950||$83,390||87.5%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||270||$55,860||170.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Maryland