There are schools offering management courses in Maryland!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Maryland
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a management program is Johns Hopkins University. Johns Hopkins University, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. In 2010, 47 students graduated from Johns Hopkins University's management program. Johns Hopkins University charged in-state students $40,680 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a management program is Towson University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 87 students graduated with degree in management from Towson University in 2010. Tuition at Towson University was $7,656 per year.
Mount St. Mary's University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a management program. It is located in Emmitsburg. In 2010, Mount St. Mary's University graduated 14 students from its management programs. Mount St. Mary's University charged in-state students $30,350 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Maryland management school, average tuition will be $9,888 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,334 per year to $40,680 per year. The Maryland management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Mount St. Mary's University - located in Emmitsburg, students are charged $30,350 per year
- College of Notre Dame of Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $28,350 per year
The following Maryland management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- Carroll Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,899 per year
A management degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from management school in Maryland go on to work as a manager. In 2010, there were 51,990 managers working in Maryland. The largest populations of Maryland managers are working in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 26,230 managers
- Frederick County - 13,240 managers
- Washington County - 1,420 managers
The government projects that the number of managers in Maryland will shrink by 0%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 54,390 managers working in Maryland.
A manager in Maryland earns $120,860 per year on average. However, Maryland managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,410 per year to more than $139,800 per year in 2010. On average a manager earns the most in the following Maryland counties:
- Frederick County - $137,060 per year
- St. Mary's County - $121,940 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $117,080 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Allegany County - $76,720 per year
- Caroline County - $78,740 per year
- Garrett County - $80,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Management in Maryland
- Certificate in Management in Maryland
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,990||$120,860||3.0%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||23,710||$41,700||3.7%|
|Managers, All Other||9,060||$111,720||20.5%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,340||$98,010||38.1%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||3,200||$73,390||41.0%|
|Food Service Managers||2,530||$60,710||-18.1%|
|Industrial Production Managers||1,430||$96,990||-15.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,070||$96,590||3.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Maryland