There are schools offering MBA programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Maryland
Johns Hopkins University, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a MBA program. It is located in Baltimore. 115 students graduated with a degree in MBA from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. Johns Hopkins University charged in-state students $40,680 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a MBA program is Towson University. Towson University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. 534 students graduated with degree in MBA from Towson University in 2010. The tuition rate at Towson University was $7,656 per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland with a MBA program is Salisbury University, which is located in Salisbury. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. In 2010, 161 students graduated from Salisbury University MBA program. Students at Salisbury University paid $6,908 per year in tuition fees.
Mba schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $12,534 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,680 per year, or as little as $2,204 per year. In 2010, the MBA schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- Washington College - located in Chestertown, students are charged $36,738 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Maryland MBA schools were charged at the following schools:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
A MBA degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from MBA school in Maryland go on to work as a general manager. In 2010, there were 51,990 general managers working in Maryland. The Maryland counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Anne Arundel County - 26,230 general managers
- Frederick County - 13,240 general managers
- Washington County - 1,420 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Maryland will shrink to 54,390. This would require a 0% decline in the profession.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $120,860 per year in Maryland state. However, Maryland general managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,410 per year to more than $139,800 per year in 2010. On average a general manager earns the most in the following Maryland counties:
- Frederick County - $137,060 per year
- St. Mary's County - $121,940 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $117,080 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Maryland counties:
- Allegany County - $76,720 per year
- Caroline County - $78,740 per year
- Garrett County - $80,510 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Certificate in Business Administration in Maryland
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,990||$120,860||3.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in Maryland