There are schools offering paralegal programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Maryland
Stevenson University, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a paralegal program. It is located in Stevenson. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Stevenson University's paralegal program. Students at Stevenson University paid $22,090 per year in tuition fees.
Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus, which is located in Hagerstown, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus graduated 19 students from its paralegal program. Tuition at Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus was $15,103 per year.
Hagerstown Community College, which is located in Hagerstown, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Hagerstown Community College was $2,716 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Maryland's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,739 per year, though tuition can range from $22,090 per year to $2,204 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Stevenson University - located in Stevenson, students are charged $22,090 per year
- Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $15,103 per year
- University of Maryland-University College - located in Hyattsville, students are charged $6,000 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Maryland paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- Frederick Community College - located in Frederick, students are charged $2,911 per year
A paralegal degree from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in Maryland pursue careers as a paralegal. If you decide to work as a paralegal in Maryland, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,790 Maryland paralegals as of 2010. In Maryland, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 3,720 paralegals
- Frederick County - 1,400 paralegals
- Washington County - 210 paralegals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paralegals is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,450 paralegals working in the Maryland then.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $50,930 per year in Maryland state. But, salaries for paralegals can vary. In 2010, paralegals made as little as less than $26,360 per year or as much as more than $70,060 per year in Maryland. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for paralegals:
- Anne Arundel County - $51,060 per year
- Frederick County - $50,910 per year
- Washington County - $47,040 per year
A paralegal in the following counties in Maryland make the lowest salaries on average:
- St. Mary's County - $42,590 per year
- Caroline County - $45,780 per year
- Washington County - $47,040 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Maryland
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Maryland
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||5,790||$50,930||32.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Maryland