There are schools offering paramedic programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Maryland
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a paramedic program is University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 20 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from University of Maryland-Baltimore County in 2010. Students at University of Maryland-Baltimore County paid $9,171 per year in tuition fees.
Hagerstown Community College, which is located in Hagerstown, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Hagerstown Community College paramedic program. The tuition rate at Hagerstown Community College was $2,716 per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland with a paramedic program is Carroll Community College, which is located in Westminster. In 2010, it was ranked 88th nationwide. Students at Carroll Community College paid $2,899 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Maryland's paramedic schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,625 per year, though tuition can range from $9,171 per year to $2,334 per year. The Maryland paramedic schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County - located in Baltimore, students are charged $9,171 per year
- Howard Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $4,063 per year
- Anne Arundel Community College - located in Arnold, students are charged $3,504 per year
The following Maryland paramedic schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- Carroll Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,899 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in Maryland go on to work as a paramedic. In 2010, there were 4,400 paramedics working in Maryland. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland paramedics:
- Anne Arundel County - 2,530 paramedics
- Caroline County - 260 paramedics
- Washington County - 240 paramedics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paramedics in the state of Maryland will grow to 4,160. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $42,470 per year in Maryland state. But, salaries for paramedics can vary. In 2010, paramedics made as little as less than $16,050 per year or as much as more than $65,090 per year in Maryland. The counties in Maryland with the highest average salary for a paramedic are:
- Anne Arundel County - $42,100 per year
- Somerset County - $37,100 per year
- Frederick County - $36,640 per year
The following counties in Maryland have the lowest average salaries for paramedics:
- Allegany County - $23,420 per year
- Garrett County - $25,120 per year
- Washington County - $32,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Paramedic Training in Maryland
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Maryland
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||4,400||$42,470||1.9%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||260||$25,190||-35.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Maryland