There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Maryland
Around 0.1% of Maryland's graduates graduate from physical therapy assisting degree programs every year. That means an estimated 97 physical therapy assistants graduate from Maryland's 8 physical therapy assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a physical therapy assistant program is Allegany College of Maryland, which is located in Cumberland. In 2010, it was ranked 85th nationwide. 15 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy assistant from Allegany College of Maryland in 2010. Allegany College of Maryland charged in-state students $3,266 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a physical therapy assistant program is Montgomery College, which is located in Rockville. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, Montgomery College graduated 19 students from its physical therapy assistant program. Students at Montgomery College paid $4,272 per year in tuition fees.
Carroll Community College, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a physical therapy assistant program. It is located in Westminster. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Carroll Community College physical therapy assistant program. The tuition rate at Carroll Community College was $2,899 per year.
If you choose to attend a Maryland physical therapy assistant school, average tuition will be $3,309 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,899 per year to $4,272 per year. The Maryland physical therapy assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Montgomery College - located in Rockville, students are charged $4,272 per year
- Anne Arundel Community College - located in Arnold, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Chesapeake College - located in Wye Mills, students are charged $3,310 per year
The following Maryland physical therapy assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Carroll Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,899 per year
- Cecil College - located in North East, students are charged $3,010 per year
- College of Southern Maryland - located in La Plata, students are charged $3,100 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of physical therapy assistant graduates in Maryland pursue careers as a physical therapy assistant. In 2010, there were 1,340 physical therapy assistants working in Maryland. The Maryland counties with the largest populations of physical therapy assistants are:
- Anne Arundel County - 670 physical therapy assistants
- Frederick County - 330 physical therapy assistants
- Allegany County - 60 physical therapy assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of physical therapy assistants is expected to grow by 36% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,690 physical therapy assistants working in the Maryland then.
A physical therapy assistant in Maryland makes an average of $52,910 per year. However, Maryland physical therapy assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,450 per year to more than $75,710 per year in 2010. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for physical therapy assistants:
- Caroline County - $54,300 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $54,250 per year
- Allegany County - $50,730 per year
The following counties in Maryland have the lowest average salaries for physical therapy assistants:
- Somerset County - $47,880 per year
- Washington County - $49,880 per year
- Frederick County - $50,340 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Maryland
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Aides||1,490||$25,070||26.3%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,340||$52,910||88.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Maryland