There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Maryland
Around 0.1% of Maryland's graduates graduate from respiratory therapy degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 110 respiratory therapists graduate from Maryland's 7 respiratory therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a respiratory therapy program is Salisbury University, which is located in Salisbury. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 23 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Salisbury University in 2010. Tuition at Salisbury University was $6,908 per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a respiratory therapy program is Allegany College of Maryland. Allegany College of Maryland, which was ranked 85th in the country in 2010, is located in Cumberland. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Allegany College of Maryland respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Allegany College of Maryland was $3,266 per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland that has a respiratory therapy program is Washington Adventist University. Washington Adventist University, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Takoma Park. In 2010, Washington Adventist University graduated 2 students from its respiratory therapy programs. Students at Washington Adventist University paid $20,180 per year in tuition fees.
Respiratory therapy schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $6,095 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,180 per year, or as little as $2,911 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Washington Adventist University - located in Takoma Park, students are charged $20,180 per year
- Salisbury University - located in Salisbury, students are charged $6,908 per year
- Prince George's Community College - located in Upper Marlboro, students are charged $3,290 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in Maryland that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Frederick Community College - located in Frederick, students are charged $2,911 per year
- The Community College of Baltimore County - located in Rosedale, students are charged $2,996 per year
- Baltimore City Community College - located in Baltimore, students are charged $3,112 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of respiratory therapy graduates in Maryland pursue careers as a respiratory therapist. Maryland had 1,670 respiratory therapists in 2010. The largest populations of Maryland respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 890 respiratory therapists
- Frederick County - 300 respiratory therapists
- Caroline County - 100 respiratory therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 27% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,290 respiratory therapists working in the Maryland then.
A respiratory therapist in Maryland earns $66,020 per year on average. However, Maryland respiratory therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,430 per year to more than $92,200 per year in 2010. A respiratory therapist in the following Maryland counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Frederick County - $73,360 per year
- Caroline County - $66,280 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $65,510 per year
The following counties in Maryland have the lowest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Allegany County - $47,100 per year
- Washington County - $54,930 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $65,510 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Maryland
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||420||$68,860||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Maryland