There are schools offering sociology degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Maryland
Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Johns Hopkins University's sociology program. The tuition rate at Johns Hopkins University was $40,680 per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a sociology program is St. Mary's College of Maryland. St. Mary's College of Maryland, which was ranked 25th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Marys City. In 2010, St. Mary's College of Maryland graduated 14 students from its sociology program. The tuition rate at St. Mary's College of Maryland was $13,630 per year.
University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a sociology program. It is located in Baltimore. In 2010, University of Maryland-Baltimore County graduated 72 students from its sociology programs. Tuition at University of Maryland-Baltimore County was $9,171 per year.
Sociology schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $18,071 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,680 per year, or as little as $2,204 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland sociology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- Washington College - located in Chestertown, students are charged $36,738 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Maryland sociology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Coppin State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $5,547 per year
- Bowie State University - located in Bowie, students are charged $6,154 per year
A sociology degree from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of sociology graduates in Maryland pursue careers as a sociologist. In 2010, there were 50 sociologists working in Maryland. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland sociologists:
A sociologist in Maryland earns $88,310 per year on average.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in sociology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sociology in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Maryland
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||460||$71,990||-20.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Maryland