There are schools offering accounting degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Massachusetts
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a accounting program is Boston College. Boston College, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Chestnut Hill. In 2010, 167 students graduated from Boston College's accounting program. Students at Boston College paid $40,542 per year in tuition fees.
Boston University, which is located in Boston, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Boston University graduated 0 students from its accounting program. Boston University charged in-state students $39,864 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a accounting program is Northeastern University. Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. In 2010, Northeastern University graduated 126 students from its accounting programs. The tuition rate at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts accounting school, average tuition will be $16,700 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,144 per year to $40,542 per year. The Massachusetts accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Babson College - located in Babson Park, students are charged $39,040 per year
The following Massachusetts accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
An accounting degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as an accountant. 33,290 accountants were working in Massachusetts in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of accountants work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 23,680 accountants
- Middlesex County - 2,710 accountants
- Windham County - 2,040 accountants
The government projects that the number of accountants in Massachusetts will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 42,890 accountants working in Massachusetts.
On average, accountants earn $75,030 per year. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $34,590 per year or as much as more than $144,400 per year in Massachusetts. An accountant in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Middlesex County - $73,875 per year
- Berkshire County - $72,650 per year
- Worcester County - $71,620 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Franklin County - $59,025 per year
- Hartford County - $65,500 per year
- Barnstable County - $67,060 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Accounting in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||42,880||$39,800||-3.1%|
|Accountants and Auditors||33,290||$75,030||19.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||11,090||$36,730||-21.0%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||4,260||$41,100||-23.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Massachusetts