There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Massachusetts graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 453 administrative assistants graduate from Massachusetts' 23 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a administrative assistant program is Boston College. Boston College, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Chestnut Hill. In 2010, Boston College graduated 55 students from its administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Boston College was $40,542 per year.
Suffolk University, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Boston. 0 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Suffolk University in 2010. Students at Suffolk University paid $28,526 per year in tuition fees.
Southeastern Technical Institute, which is located in South Easton, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. 3 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Southeastern Technical Institute in 2010. Students at Southeastern Technical Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,710 per year, though tuition can range from $40,542 per year to $3,144 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Suffolk University - located in Boston, students are charged $28,526 per year
- Fisher College - located in Boston, students are charged $24,600 per year
The following Massachusetts administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Massachusetts go on to work as an administrative assistant. Massachusetts had 35,980 administrative assistants in 2010. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Bristol County - 25,860 administrative assistants
- Middlesex County - 2,670 administrative assistants
- Hartford County - 1,850 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 45,220. This would require a 3% growth in the profession.
An administrative assistant in Massachusetts makes an average of $51,410 per year. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $25,700 per year or as much as more than $74,110 per year in Massachusetts. An administrative assistant in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Middlesex County - $53,570 per year
- Windham County - $49,850 per year
- Bristol County - $47,383 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Berkshire County - $42,190 per year
- Worcester County - $43,430 per year
- Franklin County - $43,820 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||59,210||$33,670||-7.6%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||40,680||$39,180||3.4%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||35,980||$51,410||-18.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Massachusetts