There are schools offering advertising programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Massachusetts
Boston University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a advertising program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, Boston University graduated 57 students from its advertising program. Boston University charged in-state students $39,864 in tuition fees per year.
Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a advertising program. It is located in Boston. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
Suffolk University, which is located in Boston, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a advertising program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 131 students graduated with degree in advertising from Suffolk University in 2010. Students at Suffolk University paid $28,526 per year in tuition fees.
Advertising schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $24,568 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,864 per year, or as little as $3,624 per year. The Massachusetts advertising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Assumption College - located in Worcester, students are charged $31,305 per year
The advertising schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
- Salem State University - located in Salem, students are charged $7,230 per year
- The New England Institute of Art - located in Brookline, students are charged $18,902 per year
An advertising degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of advertising graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as an advertiser. If you decide to work as an advertiser in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,460 Massachusetts advertisers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts advertisers:
- Bristol County - 2,510 advertisers
- Middlesex County - 290 advertisers
- Windham County - 180 advertisers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,040 advertisers will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of advertisers to grow by 2%.
On average, an advertiser earns a salary of $61,200 per year in Massachusetts state. However, this number is only an average. advertisers in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $19,150 to $135,680 per year in 2010. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for advertisers:
- Middlesex County - $69,605 per year
- Hartford County - $64,390 per year
- Berkshire County - $61,250 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for advertisers:
- Barnstable County - $48,900 per year
- Bristol County - $49,245 per year
- Windham County - $52,300 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in advertising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Advertising in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Advertising in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||3,460||$61,200||1.5%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||2,120||$115,930||30.1%|
|Writers and Authors||970||$61,840||-11.8%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||840||$116,940||-35.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Massachusetts