There are schools offering architecture degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in Massachusetts
Around 0.5% of Massachusetts's graduates graduate from architecture degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,162 architects graduate from Massachusetts' 18 architecture schools.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a architecture program is Harvard University, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 0th nationwide. 242 students graduated with a degree in architecture from Harvard University in 2010. Harvard University charged in-state students $38,415 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a architecture program is Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, 176 students graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology architecture program. The tuition rate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology was $39,212 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a architecture program is Tufts University, which is located in Medford. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Tufts University architecture program. The tuition rate at Tufts University was $41,598 per year.
Architecture schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $24,606 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,598 per year, or as little as $3,720 per year. The Massachusetts architecture schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Hampshire College - located in Amherst, students are charged $41,299 per year
- Mount Holyoke College - located in South Hadley, students are charged $40,256 per year
The architecture schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Massasoit Community College - located in Brockton, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Bridgewater State University - located in Bridgewater, students are charged $7,053 per year
- Westfield State University - located in Westfield, students are charged $7,431 per year
An architecture degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts architecture graduates become architects. Massachusetts had 3,850 architects in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts architects:
- Bristol County - 3,230 architects
- Middlesex County - 140 architects
- Barnstable County - 120 architects
The government projects that the number of architects in Massachusetts will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,740 architects working in Massachusetts.
An architect in Massachusetts makes an average of $84,950 per year. However, this number is only an average. architects in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $38,670 to $161,930 per year in 2010. An architect in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barnstable County - $91,615 per year
- Hartford County - $86,790 per year
- Bristol County - $85,220 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for architects are:
- Franklin County - $71,800 per year
- Windham County - $71,950 per year
- Middlesex County - $72,160 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in architecture and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Architecture in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Architecture in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||3,850||$84,950||10.0%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||2,310||$50,700||-11.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in Massachusetts