There are schools offering biology degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Biology Programs in Massachusetts
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a biology program is Harvard University, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 0th nationwide. In 2010, 206 students graduated from Harvard University's biology program. Harvard University charged in-state students $38,415 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a biology program is Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduated 130 students from its biology program. Tuition at Massachusetts Institute of Technology was $39,212 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a biology program is Tufts University. Tufts University, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Medford. In 2010, Tufts University graduated 96 students from its biology programs. Students at Tufts University paid $41,598 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' biology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $25,386 per year, though tuition can range from $41,982 per year to $3,144 per year. In 2010, the following Massachusetts biology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bard College at Simon's Rock - located in Great Barrington, students are charged $41,982 per year
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Williams College - located in Williamstown, students are charged $41,434 per year
The following Massachusetts biology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Massachusetts Bay Community College - located in Wellesley Hills, students are charged $3,624 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in biology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as biomedical engineering or biology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biology in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Biology in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Biology in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Biology in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Biology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health||1,920||$84,580||-18.6%|
|Biological Scientists, All Other||1,030||$58,860||94.3%|
|Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists||500||$88,550||-59.0%|
|Soil and Plant Scientists||80||$70,700||60.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biology related jobs in Massachusetts