There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Massachusetts students graduate with certificates in bookkeeping. In other words, every year an estimated 104 bookkeeping clerks graduate from Massachusetts' 11 bookkeeping schools.
Millennium Training Institute, which is located in Woburn, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Millennium Training Institute graduated no students from its bookkeeping program.
Massachusetts Bay Community College, which was ranked 87th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Wellesley Hills. 2 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Massachusetts Bay Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Massachusetts Bay Community College was $3,624 per year.
Holyoke Community College, which was ranked 87th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Holyoke. 10 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Holyoke Community College in 2010. Holyoke Community College charged in-state students $3,276 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $3,302 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,144 per year to $4,470 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Massachusetts bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mount Wachusett Community College - located in Gardner, students are charged $4,470 per year
- Greenfield Community College - located in Greenfield, students are charged $4,310 per year
- North Shore Community College - located in Danvers, students are charged $3,720 per year
The following Massachusetts bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. 42,880 bookkeeping clerks were working in Massachusetts in 2010. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of bookkeeping clerks are:
- Bristol County - 25,310 bookkeeping clerks
- Hartford County - 3,620 bookkeeping clerks
- Windham County - 3,560 bookkeeping clerks
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of bookkeeping clerks is expected to shrink by 0% by 2018. There are projected to be 51,010 bookkeeping clerks working in the Massachusetts then.
A bookkeeping clerk in Massachusetts makes an average of $39,800 per year. But, salaries for bookkeeping clerks can vary. In 2010, bookkeeping clerks made as little as less than $19,320 per year or as much as more than $65,710 per year in Massachusetts. A bookkeeping clerk in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barnstable County - $42,370 per year
- Middlesex County - $40,485 per year
- Essex County - $39,467 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for bookkeeping clerks are:
- Berkshire County - $33,170 per year
- Hartford County - $36,070 per year
- Worcester County - $36,610 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||42,880||$39,800||-3.1%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||11,090||$36,730||-21.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Massachusetts