There are schools offering business degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Massachusetts
Around 9.1% of Massachusetts's graduates graduate from business degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 19,832 business professionals graduate from Massachusetts' 85 business schools.
Harvard University, which was ranked 0th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a business program. It is located in Cambridge. In 2010, 934 students graduated from Harvard University's business program. Tuition at Harvard University was $38,415 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a business program is Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, 658 students graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology business program. Students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology paid $39,212 per year in tuition fees.
Tufts University, which is located in Medford, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a business program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 29 students graduated from Tufts University business program. The tuition rate at Tufts University was $41,598 per year.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts business school, average tuition will be $19,457 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,144 per year to $41,982 per year. The Massachusetts business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Bard College at Simon's Rock - located in Great Barrington, students are charged $41,982 per year
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Hampshire College - located in Amherst, students are charged $41,299 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
A business degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Many Massachusetts business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. If you decide to work as a business professional in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 180,500 Massachusetts business professional as of 2010. This number includes 21,470 business analysts, 15,060 chief executive officers, and 44,800 operations managers. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Bristol County - 124,640 business professionals
- Middlesex County - 14,690 business professionals
- Windham County - 11,790 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 191,050. This would require a 6% growth in the field.
business professionals in Massachusetts earn $98,597 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts business professional earned as little as less than $19,690 per year or as much as more than $163,410 per year. Business professionals in the following Massachusetts counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Middlesex County - $102,697 per year
- Bristol County - $97,627 per year
- Barnstable County - $94,883 per year
Business professionals in the following counties in Massachusetts make the lowest salaries on average:
- Franklin County - $80,817 per year
- Berkshire County - $85,248 per year
- Hartford County - $85,509 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Massachusetts were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $186,190 per year
- Financial Manager - $129,240 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $122,580 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Massachusetts were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $71,520 per year
- Credit Counselor - $48,740 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Business in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Business in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||44,800||$119,110||-2.8%|
|Accountants and Auditors||33,290||$75,030||19.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||8,210||$99,660||-0.6%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||5,490||$118,400|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,670||$111,950||20.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,710||$122,580|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Massachusetts