There are schools offering clinical psychology degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Clinical Psychology Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive clinical psychology degrees every year. Thus, Massachusetts' 7 clinical psychology schools put out approximately 160 clinical psychologists each year.
Tufts University, which is located in Medford, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a clinical psychology program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Tufts University's clinical psychology program. The tuition rate at Tufts University was $41,598 per year.
Boston University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a clinical psychology program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, Boston University graduated 28 students from its clinical psychology program. Tuition at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a clinical psychology program is Suffolk University. Suffolk University, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. In 2010, Suffolk University graduated 22 students from its clinical psychology programs. Students at Suffolk University paid $28,526 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts clinical psychology school, average tuition will be $22,522 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $10,358 per year to $41,598 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Massachusetts clinical psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Suffolk University - located in Boston, students are charged $28,526 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts clinical psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth - located in North Dartmouth, students are charged $10,358 per year
- University of Massachusetts-Boston - located in Boston, students are charged $10,611 per year
- American International College - located in Springfield, students are charged $26,700 per year
A clinical psychology degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of clinical psychology graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a clinical psychologist. Massachusetts had 4,180 clinical psychologists in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of clinical psychologists work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 2,110 clinical psychologists
- Hartford County - 620 clinical psychologists
- Windham County - 450 clinical psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,810 clinical psychologists will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of clinical psychologists to grow by 5%.
A clinical psychologist in Massachusetts makes an average of $75,050 per year. But, salaries for clinical psychologists can vary. In 2010, clinical psychologists made as little as less than $35,420 per year or as much as more than $158,890 per year in Massachusetts. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for a clinical psychologist are:
- Hartford County - $90,440 per year
- Middlesex County - $84,995 per year
- Franklin County - $82,040 per year
A clinical psychologist in the following counties in Massachusetts make the lowest salaries on average:
- Windham County - $63,610 per year
- Worcester County - $64,130 per year
- Berkshire County - $68,445 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in clinical psychology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or sports psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Psychology in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Clinical Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Marriage and Family Therapists||n/a||$48,190|
|Mental Health Counselors||5,140||$43,700||-1.0%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||4,180||$75,050||14.8%|
|Psychologists, All Other||400||$80,770||33.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are clinical psychology related jobs in Massachusetts