There are schools offering communications degreess in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, approximately 1.0% of Massachusetts graduates receive degrees in communications. Thus, Massachusetts' 42 communications schools put out approximately 2,087 communications professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a communications program is Harvard University. Harvard University, which was ranked 0th in the country in 2010, is located in Cambridge. In 2010, Harvard University graduated 4 students from its communications program. The tuition rate at Harvard University was $38,415 per year.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a communications program. It is located in Cambridge. 25 students graduated with degree in communications from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2010. Students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology paid $39,212 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a communications program is Boston College, which is located in Chestnut Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, Boston College graduated 207 students from its communications programs. Tuition at Boston College was $40,542 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' communications schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $25,537 per year, though tuition can range from $41,299 per year to $3,144 per year. The Massachusetts communications schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Hampshire College - located in Amherst, students are charged $41,299 per year
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
The communications schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
For more data regarding a career in communications in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Communications in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||3,460||$61,200||1.5%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||1,250||$60,590|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||1,100||$30,390||-40.9%|
|Writers and Authors||970||$61,840||-11.8%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||480||$60,300|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Massachusetts