There are schools offering computer networking courses in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Massachusetts students graduate with degrees in computer networking. In other words, every year an estimated 393 computer network administrators graduate from Massachusetts' 29 computer networking schools.
Boston University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a computer networking program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, Boston University graduated 3 students from its computer networking program. Tuition at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a computer networking program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, Northeastern University graduated 57 students from its computer networking program. Tuition at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
Wentworth Institute of Technology, which is located in Boston, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 39 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Wentworth Institute of Technology in 2010. Wentworth Institute of Technology charged in-state students $23,845 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,248 per year, though tuition can range from $39,864 per year to $3,144 per year. In 2010, the computer networking schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Wentworth Institute of Technology - located in Boston, students are charged $23,845 per year
The computer networking schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
A computer networking degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Massachusetts go on to work as a computer network administrator. 10,540 computer network administrators were working in Massachusetts in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of computer network administrators work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 7,200 computer network administrators
- Middlesex County - 1,200 computer network administrators
- Windham County - 770 computer network administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer network administrators in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 11,940. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, computer network administrators earn $80,280 per year. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for a computer network administrator are:
- Middlesex County - $79,755 per year
- Bristol County - $78,828 per year
- Windham County - $74,140 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for computer network administrators are:
- Hartford County - $63,020 per year
- Franklin County - $63,130 per year
- Barnstable County - $67,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Network and computer systems administrators||10,320||$77,600|
|Forensic science technicians||40||$81,950|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Massachusetts