There are schools offering computer programming courses in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive computer programming degrees every year. That means an estimated 91 computer programmers graduate from Massachusetts' 17 computer programming schools each year.
Northeastern University, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northeastern University graduated no students from its computer programming program. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
Fitchburg State University, which is located in Fitchburg, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Fitchburg State University was $7,800 per year.
Sullivan and Cogliano Training Center, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a computer programming program. It is located in Brockton. Sullivan and Cogliano Training Center charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,553 per year, though tuition can range from $36,792 per year to $3,144 per year. In 2010, the computer programming schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- University of Phoenix-Boston Campus - located in Braintree, students are charged $12,600 per year
- Fitchburg State University - located in Fitchburg, students are charged $7,800 per year
The computer programming schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
A computer programming degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts computer programming graduates become computer programmers. 8,960 computer programmers were working in Massachusetts in 2010. The largest populations of Massachusetts computer programmers are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 6,970 computer programmers
- Middlesex County - 870 computer programmers
- Windham County - 340 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in Massachusetts will shrink by -7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,480 computer programmers working in Massachusetts.
On average, a computer programmer earns a salary of $90,620 per year in Massachusetts state. On average a computer programmer earns the most in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Middlesex County - $92,235 per year
- Worcester County - $89,620 per year
- Bristol County - $85,700 per year
On average, computer programmers earns the least in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Franklin County - $61,410 per year
- Hartford County - $70,230 per year
- Essex County - $73,047 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Network and computer systems administrators||10,320||$77,600|
|Forensic science technicians||40||$81,950|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Massachusetts