There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Massachusetts students graduate with degrees in dental hygiene. In other words, every year an estimated 207 dental hygienists graduate from Massachusetts' 8 dental hygienist schools.
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences graduated 53 students from its dental hygienist program. Students at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences paid $25,480 per year in tuition fees.
Mount Ida College, which is located in Newton Center, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 54th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Mount Ida College graduated 20 students from its dental hygienist program. Mount Ida College charged in-state students $24,500 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a dental hygienist program is Springfield Technical Community College, which is located in Springfield. In 2010, it was ranked 87th nationwide. 15 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Springfield Technical Community College in 2010. Springfield Technical Community College charged in-state students $4,386 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,270 per year, though tuition can range from $25,480 per year to $3,578 per year. The Massachusetts dental hygienist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences - located in Boston, students are charged $25,480 per year
- Mount Ida College - located in Newton Center, students are charged $24,500 per year
- Mount Wachusett Community College - located in Gardner, students are charged $4,470 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
- Middlesex Community College - located in Bedford, students are charged $3,890 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental hygienist graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a dental hygienist. 5,850 dental hygienists were working in Massachusetts in 2010. The largest populations of Massachusetts dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 2,890 dental hygienists
- Windham County - 640 dental hygienists
- Hartford County - 570 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,370 dental hygienists working in the Massachusetts then.
A dental hygienist in Massachusetts makes an average of $77,620 per year. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts dental hygienists earned as little as less than $46,870 per year or as much as more than $102,460 per year. A dental hygienist in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barnstable County - $82,430 per year
- Windham County - $82,300 per year
- Middlesex County - $79,805 per year
A dental hygienist in the following counties in Massachusetts make the lowest salaries on average:
- Berkshire County - $60,960 per year
- Franklin County - $69,140 per year
- Worcester County - $69,690 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Massachusetts