There are schools offering design programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Massachusetts
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a design program is Boston University. Boston University, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. 40 students graduated with a degree in design from Boston University in 2010. Boston University charged in-state students $39,864 in tuition fees per year.
Northeastern University, which is located in Boston, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a design program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Northeastern University design program. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a design program is Hampshire College. Hampshire College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Amherst. 10 students graduated with degree in design from Hampshire College in 2010. Hampshire College charged in-state students $41,299 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts design school, average tuition will be $16,702 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,144 per year to $41,299 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Massachusetts design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hampshire College - located in Amherst, students are charged $41,299 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
The design schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
For more data regarding a career in design in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion design or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Design in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Design in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Designers, All Other||n/a||$45,850|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||710||$69,920||-31.1%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||260||$59,800||85.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Massachusetts