There are schools offering education degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Education Programs in Massachusetts
Around 3.0% of Massachusetts's graduates graduate from education degree programs every year. That means an estimated 6,631 education professionals graduate from Massachusetts' 65 education schools each year.
Harvard University, which was ranked 0th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a education program. It is located in Cambridge. In 2010, 682 students graduated from Harvard University's education program. Harvard University charged in-state students $38,415 in tuition fees per year.
Tufts University, which is located in Medford, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a education program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 80 students graduated from Tufts University education program. Students at Tufts University paid $41,598 per year in tuition fees.
Boston College, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a education program. It is located in Chestnut Hill. In 2010, Boston College graduated 170 students from its education programs. The tuition rate at Boston College was $40,542 per year.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts education school, average tuition will be $22,209 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,144 per year to $41,598 per year. In 2010, the education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Hampshire College - located in Amherst, students are charged $41,299 per year
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
The education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
An education degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Postsecondary vocational teacher, social science teacher, postsecondary teacher, elementary school teacher, and business teacher are the professions of choice for a majority of education graduates in Massachusetts. In 2010, there were 74,330 education professional working in Massachusetts, including 3,360 instructional coordinators, 1,530 postsecondary vocational teachers, and 150 social science teachers. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts education professionals:
- Bristol County - 42,170 education professionals
- Hartford County - 7,750 education professionals
- Essex County - 5,440 education professionals
The government projects that the number of education professionals in Massachusetts will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 65,950 education professionals working in Massachusetts. The greatest growth for education professional is predicted to be amongst Education Administrators, who are expected to increase by 18% by 2018.
education professionals in Massachusetts make an average of $78,065 per year. But, salaries for education professional can vary. In 2010, education professional made as little as less than $16,020 per year or as much as more than $165,060 per year in Massachusetts. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for education professionals are:
- Franklin County - $69,506 per year
- Windham County - $69,191 per year
- Bristol County - $68,764 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for education professional:
- Berkshire County - $54,778 per year
- Worcester County - $57,282 per year
- Middlesex County - $60,057 per year
The education professionals with highest average salaries in Massachusetts were:
- Health Specialties Teacher - $130,750 per year
- Postsecondary Teacher - $120,170 per year
- Business Teacher - $111,950 per year
The education professionals with lowest average salaries in Massachusetts were:
- Postsecondary Vocational Teacher - $51,040 per year
- Literacy Teacher - $48,120 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as teaching or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Education in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Education in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Education in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,890||$62,570||-10.1%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||18,340||$61,670||1.5%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||4,340||$130,750||12.1%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,850||$56,090||-9.2%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||3,610||$120,170||-21.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,670||$111,950||20.3%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||2,220||$70,450||15.0%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||2,160||$48,120||13.7%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,530||$51,040||-10.5%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||1,270||$81,340||-3.8%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||960||$96,870||-36.0%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||830||$84,330||-47.5%|
|Social Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary, All Other||150||$66,130||-51.6%|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||150||$65,690|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in Massachusetts