There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, approximately 0.5% of Massachusetts graduates receive degrees in elementary education. That means an estimated 1,177 elementary educators graduate from Massachusetts' 40 elementary education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a elementary education program is Boston College. Boston College, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Chestnut Hill. 73 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Boston College in 2010. Tuition at Boston College was $40,542 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a elementary education program is Boston University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 42 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Boston University in 2010. Students at Boston University paid $39,864 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a elementary education program is Northeastern University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. In 2010, Northeastern University graduated 21 students from its elementary education programs. Tuition at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
Elementary education schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $21,114 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,542 per year, or as little as $3,384 per year. The Massachusetts elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Brandeis University - located in Waltham, students are charged $40,289 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
The following Massachusetts elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- North Shore Community College - located in Danvers, students are charged $3,720 per year
An elementary education degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in Massachusetts go on to work as an elementary educator. 28,890 elementary educators were working in Massachusetts in 2010. The largest populations of Massachusetts elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 14,550 elementary educators
- Hartford County - 3,800 elementary educators
- Essex County - 2,970 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 33,250 elementary educators will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 9%.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $62,570 per year in Massachusetts state. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts elementary educators earned as little as less than $26,860 per year or as much as more than $91,760 per year. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Essex County - $63,390 per year
- Barnstable County - $62,280 per year
- Bristol County - $61,530 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Franklin County - $52,715 per year
- Berkshire County - $53,810 per year
- Hartford County - $58,240 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,890||$62,570||-10.1%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||8,710||$58,510||25.3%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||6,270||$94,330||17.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,850||$56,090||-9.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Massachusetts