There are schools offering fashion programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Massachusetts
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a fashion program is Massachusetts College of Art and Design, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 31 students graduated with a degree in fashion from Massachusetts College of Art and Design in 2010. Tuition at Massachusetts College of Art and Design was $9,000 per year.
Lasell College, which is located in Auburndale, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Lasell College graduated 81 students from its fashion program. Tuition at Lasell College was $26,000 per year.
Mount Ida College, which is located in Newton Center, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 54th in the country in 2010. 36 students graduated with degree in fashion from Mount Ida College in 2010. Students at Mount Ida College paid $24,500 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Massachusetts' fashion schools ranges from $26,000 per year to $3,578 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,996 per year. The Massachusetts fashion schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lasell College - located in Auburndale, students are charged $26,000 per year
- Newbury College-Brookline - located in Brookline, students are charged $25,100 per year
- Fisher College - located in Boston, students are charged $24,600 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts fashion schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- Massasoit Community College - located in Brockton, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Middlesex Community College - located in Bedford, students are charged $3,890 per year
A fashion degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Many Massachusetts fashion graduates become a marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, and sales associate. If you decide to work as a fashion professional in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 119,480 Massachusetts fashion professional as of 2010. This number includes 270 fashion designers, 6,590 marketing managers, and 3,570 merchadisers. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of fashion professional work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 63,070 fashion professionals
- Essex County - 11,320 fashion professionals
- Middlesex County - 11,210 fashion professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of fashion professionals in the state of Massachusetts will shrink to 125,700. This would require a -7% decline in the field.
fashion professionals in Massachusetts make an average of $55,801 per year. But, salaries for fashion professional can vary. In 2010, fashion professional made as little as less than $15,970 per year or as much as more than $156,210 per year in Massachusetts. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for fashion professionals are:
- Middlesex County - $67,989 per year
- Essex County - $61,782 per year
- Windham County - $61,433 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for fashion professionals are:
- Berkshire County - $38,313 per year
- Worcester County - $43,135 per year
- Hartford County - $51,170 per year
The fashion professionals with highest average salaries in Massachusetts were:
- Marketing Manager - $135,710 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $62,830 per year
- Merchadiser - $56,880 per year
The fashion professionals with lowest average salaries in Massachusetts were:
- Knitter - $27,800 per year
- Sales Associate - $26,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in fashion and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Fashion in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||3,570||$56,880||-29.2%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||430||$27,800||-48.8%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||80||$42,190||-38.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Massachusetts