There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive graphic design degrees every year. That means an estimated 378 graphic designers graduate from Massachusetts' 24 graphic design schools each year.
Boston University, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 40 students graduated from Boston University's graphic design program. Students at Boston University paid $39,864 per year in tuition fees.
Northeastern University, which is located in Boston, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Northeastern University graphic design program. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a graphic design program is Massachusetts College of Art and Design, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 35 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Massachusetts College of Art and Design in 2010. The tuition rate at Massachusetts College of Art and Design was $9,000 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' graphic design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $19,695 per year, though tuition can range from $39,864 per year to $3,624 per year. The Massachusetts graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts-Boston - located in Boston, students are charged $31,465 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
- North Shore Community College - located in Danvers, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Massasoit Community College - located in Brockton, students are charged $3,720 per year
A graphic design degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Massachusetts go on to work as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,530 Massachusetts graphic designers as of 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 3,650 graphic designers
- Hartford County - 560 graphic designers
- Middlesex County - 510 graphic designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of graphic designers in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 8,140. This would require a 3% growth in the profession.
A graphic designer in Massachusetts earns $52,170 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. graphic designers in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $18,290 to $88,650 per year in 2010. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Middlesex County - $57,960 per year
- Franklin County - $49,440 per year
- Essex County - $49,187 per year
On average, graphic designers earns the least in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Worcester County - $36,930 per year
- Barnstable County - $40,250 per year
- Berkshire County - $47,430 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Massachusetts