There are schools offering LPN programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive nursing certificates every year. That means an estimated 568 licensed practical nurses graduate from Massachusetts' 19 LPN schools each year.
Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School, which is located in Buzzards Bay, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 58th in the country in 2010. 47 students graduated with a certificate in LPN from Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School in 2010.
Southeastern Technical Institute, which is located in South Easton, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 52 students graduated from Southeastern Technical Institute LPN program.
Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School, which is located in Billerica, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 30 students graduated with certificate in LPN from Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School in 2010. The tuition rate at Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' LPN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,255 per year, though tuition can range from $4,470 per year to $3,192 per year. The Massachusetts LPN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mount Wachusett Community College - located in Gardner, students are charged $4,470 per year
- Greenfield Community College - located in Greenfield, students are charged $4,310 per year
- Quinsigamond Community College - located in Worcester, students are charged $4,232 per year
The LPN schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
A LPN certificate from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts LPN graduates become licensed practical nurses. Massachusetts had 17,160 licensed practical nurses in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts licensed practical nurses:
- Bristol County - 8,980 licensed practical nurses
- Hartford County - 1,780 licensed practical nurses
- Essex County - 1,670 licensed practical nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 18,760 licensed practical nurses will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of licensed practical nurses to grow by 10%.
A licensed practical nurse in Massachusetts makes an average of $49,620 per year. However, Massachusetts licensed practical nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,900 per year to more than $71,390 per year in 2010. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Windham County - $53,040 per year
- Barnstable County - $50,940 per year
- Worcester County - $50,040 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for licensed practical nurses are:
- Berkshire County - $45,420 per year
- Franklin County - $47,165 per year
- Essex County - $49,017 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Massachusetts
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||17,160||$49,620||2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Massachusetts