There are schools offering LVN programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Massachusetts
Around 0.3% of Massachusetts's graduates graduate from nursing certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 568 licensed vocational nurses graduate from Massachusetts' 19 LVN schools.
Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School, which was ranked 58th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a LVN program. It is located in Buzzards Bay. In 2010, 47 students graduated from Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School's LVN program.
Southeastern Technical Institute, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a LVN program. It is located in South Easton. In 2010, Southeastern Technical Institute graduated 52 students from its LVN program.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a LVN program is Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School. Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Billerica. In 2010, 30 students graduated from Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School LVN program. Tuition at Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School was $0 per year.
Lvn schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $2,255 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $4,470 per year, or as little as $3,192 per year. In 2010, the following Massachusetts LVN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mount Wachusett Community College - located in Gardner, students are charged $4,470 per year
- Greenfield Community College - located in Greenfield, students are charged $4,310 per year
- Quinsigamond Community College - located in Worcester, students are charged $4,232 per year
The following Massachusetts LVN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
A LVN certificate from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of LVN graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a licensed vocational nurse. Massachusetts had 17,160 licensed vocational nurses in 2010. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of licensed vocational nurses are:
- Bristol County - 8,980 licensed vocational nurses
- Hartford County - 1,780 licensed vocational nurses
- Essex County - 1,670 licensed vocational nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of licensed vocational nurses in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 18,760. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
A licensed vocational nurse in Massachusetts makes an average of $49,620 per year. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts licensed vocational nurses earned as little as less than $22,900 per year or as much as more than $71,390 per year. A licensed vocational nurse in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Windham County - $53,040 per year
- Barnstable County - $50,940 per year
- Worcester County - $50,040 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Berkshire County - $45,420 per year
- Franklin County - $47,165 per year
- Essex County - $49,017 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Massachusetts
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||17,160||$49,620||2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Massachusetts