There are schools offering management courses in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Massachusetts
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a management program is Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in Cambridge. In 2010, Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduated 32 students from its management program. Students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology paid $39,212 per year in tuition fees.
Boston College, which is located in Chestnut Hill, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a management program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Boston College graduated 2 students from its management program. Students at Boston College paid $40,542 per year in tuition fees.
Northeastern University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a management program. It is located in Boston. 65 students graduated with degree in management from Northeastern University in 2010. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
Management schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $18,146 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,542 per year, or as little as $3,144 per year. The Massachusetts management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Brandeis University - located in Waltham, students are charged $40,289 per year
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology - located in Cambridge, students are charged $39,212 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
A management degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from management school in Massachusetts go on to work as a manager. 44,800 managers were working in Massachusetts in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of managers work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 28,040 managers
- Middlesex County - 3,920 managers
- Windham County - 3,770 managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of managers in the state of Massachusetts will shrink to 41,980. This would require a -7% decline in the profession.
A manager in Massachusetts earns $119,110 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts managers earned as little as less than $40,790 per year or as much as more than $163,410 per year. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for managers:
- Middlesex County - $136,380 per year
- Windham County - $111,560 per year
- Essex County - $111,333 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Berkshire County - $86,975 per year
- Franklin County - $87,670 per year
- Worcester County - $95,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Management in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Management in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||44,800||$119,110||-2.8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||26,340||$42,850||7.2%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,910||$112,670||28.4%|
|Food Service Managers||4,540||$63,000||-29.5%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||3,500||$80,990||-11.4%|
|Industrial Production Managers||3,470||$106,900||-9.6%|
|Managers, All Other||3,230||$107,920||-61.9%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||2,120||$115,930||30.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Massachusetts