There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Massachusetts graduates receive degrees in occupational therapy. In other words, every year an estimated 291 occupational therapists graduate from Massachusetts' 11 occupational therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a occupational therapy program is Tufts University. Tufts University, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Medford. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Tufts University's occupational therapy program. Tufts University charged in-state students $41,598 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a occupational therapy program is Boston University. Boston University, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. In 2010, 47 students graduated from Boston University occupational therapy program. Boston University charged in-state students $39,864 in tuition fees per year.
Bay Path College, which is located in Longmeadow, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Bay Path College graduated 22 students from its occupational therapy programs. The tuition rate at Bay Path College was $25,515 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' occupational therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,506 per year, though tuition can range from $41,598 per year to $3,578 per year. In 2010, the following Massachusetts occupational therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Springfield College - located in Springfield, students are charged $28,585 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- North Shore Community College - located in Danvers, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Quinsigamond Community College - located in Worcester, students are charged $4,232 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Massachusetts go on to work as an occupational therapist. In 2010, there were 4,290 occupational therapists working in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of occupational therapists are:
- Bristol County - 2,410 occupational therapists
- Essex County - 480 occupational therapists
- Windham County - 400 occupational therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of occupational therapists is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,760 occupational therapists working in the Massachusetts then.
On average, occupational therapists earn $73,180 per year. However, this number is only an average. occupational therapists in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $43,820 to $105,140 per year in 2010. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Berkshire County - $80,800 per year
- Barnstable County - $77,100 per year
- Bristol County - $74,113 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for occupational therapists:
- Hartford County - $67,000 per year
- Essex County - $70,590 per year
- Middlesex County - $70,810 per year
For more data regarding a career in occupational therapy in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Occupational Therapy in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||1,270||$48,760||51.2%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||500||$38,800||316.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Massachusetts