There are schools offering paralegal programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Massachusetts
Boston University, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Boston University graduated no students from its paralegal program. The tuition rate at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a paralegal program is College of Our Lady of the Elms. College of Our Lady of the Elms, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Chicopee. 4 students graduated with degree in paralegal from College of Our Lady of the Elms in 2010. Students at College of Our Lady of the Elms paid $27,157 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a paralegal program is Bay Path College. Bay Path College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Longmeadow. 7 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Bay Path College in 2010. Students at Bay Path College paid $25,515 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts paralegal school, average tuition will be $14,763 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,144 per year to $39,864 per year. In 2010, the following Massachusetts paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Assumption College - located in Worcester, students are charged $31,305 per year
- Suffolk University - located in Boston, students are charged $28,526 per year
The paralegal schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Massachusetts Bay Community College - located in Wellesley Hills, students are charged $3,624 per year
A paralegal degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts paralegal graduates become paralegals. Massachusetts had 6,530 paralegals in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 4,900 paralegals
- Hartford County - 440 paralegals
- Middlesex County - 320 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 8,160. This would require a 12% growth in the profession.
A paralegal in Massachusetts earns $50,290 per year on average. However, Massachusetts paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,940 per year to more than $87,370 per year in 2010. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Windham County - $59,230 per year
- Middlesex County - $54,690 per year
- Hartford County - $48,160 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Worcester County - $37,550 per year
- Berkshire County - $40,780 per year
- Essex County - $42,070 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||6,530||$50,290||-9.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Massachusetts