There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Massachusetts students graduate with degrees in physical therapy assisting. Thus, Massachusetts' 6 physical therapy assistant schools put out approximately 69 physical therapy assistants each year.
Bay State College, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a physical therapy assistant program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Bay State College's physical therapy assistant program. Students at Bay State College paid $17,129 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a physical therapy assistant program is Massachusetts Bay Community College, which is located in Wellesley Hills. In 2010, it was ranked 87th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Massachusetts Bay Community College physical therapy assistant program. Massachusetts Bay Community College charged in-state students $3,624 in tuition fees per year.
Springfield Technical Community College, which is located in Springfield, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 87th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Springfield Technical Community College physical therapy assistant program. Tuition at Springfield Technical Community College was $4,386 per year.
Physical therapy assistant schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $6,247 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,129 per year, or as little as $3,624 per year. The Massachusetts physical therapy assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Bay State College - located in Boston, students are charged $17,129 per year
- Mount Wachusett Community College - located in Gardner, students are charged $4,470 per year
- Springfield Technical Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $4,386 per year
The following Massachusetts physical therapy assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Massachusetts Bay Community College - located in Wellesley Hills, students are charged $3,624 per year
- North Shore Community College - located in Danvers, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Berkshire Community College - located in Pittsfield, students are charged $4,152 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of physical therapy assistant graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a physical therapy assistant. Massachusetts had 2,510 physical therapy assistants in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of physical therapy assistants work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 1,380 physical therapy assistants
- Essex County - 240 physical therapy assistants
- Hartford County - 230 physical therapy assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of physical therapy assistants in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 2,980. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
On average, physical therapy assistants earn $51,280 per year. But, salaries for physical therapy assistants can vary. In 2010, physical therapy assistants made as little as less than $25,530 per year or as much as more than $73,080 per year in Massachusetts. On average a physical therapy assistant earns the most in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Barnstable County - $57,200 per year
- Bristol County - $54,270 per year
- Essex County - $52,750 per year
A physical therapy assistant in the following counties in Massachusetts make the lowest salaries on average:
- Worcester County - $46,320 per year
- Middlesex County - $50,115 per year
- Windham County - $51,000 per year
For more data regarding a career in physical therapy assisting in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||2,510||$51,280||47.6%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||790||$29,300||-23.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Massachusetts