There are schools offering public administration degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Public Administration Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.5% of Massachusetts students graduate with degrees in public administration. Thus, Massachusetts' 23 public administration schools put out approximately 1,015 public administration professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a public administration program is Harvard University, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 0th nationwide. 578 students graduated with a degree in public administration from Harvard University in 2010. Harvard University charged in-state students $38,415 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a public administration program is Tufts University. Tufts University, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Medford. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Tufts University public administration program. The tuition rate at Tufts University was $41,598 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a public administration program is Boston University. Boston University, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. 33 students graduated with degree in public administration from Boston University in 2010. The tuition rate at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
Tuition at Massachusetts' public administration schools ranges from $41,598 per year to $3,578 per year. But, the average tuition is $23,306 per year. In 2010, the public administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Hampshire College - located in Amherst, students are charged $41,299 per year
- Brandeis University - located in Waltham, students are charged $40,289 per year
The public administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
- Massasoit Community College - located in Brockton, students are charged $3,720 per year
A public administration degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs public administration graduates in Massachusetts pursue include chief executive officer, economic development specialist, and community development planner. In 2010, there were 17,190 public administration professional working in Massachusetts, including 470 legislators, 15,060 chief executive officers, and 440 economic development specialists. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts public administration professionals:
- Bristol County - 10,240 public administration professionals
- Middlesex County - 1,500 public administration professionals
- Hartford County - 1,430 public administration professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of public administration professionals in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 1,990. This would require a 0% decline in the field.
public administration professionals in Massachusetts make an average of $85,585 per year. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts public administration professional earned as little as less than $15,980 per year or as much as more than $145,050 per year. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for public administration professionals:
- Barnstable County - $173,810 per year
- Berkshire County - $148,825 per year
- Bristol County - $148,462 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for public administration professional:
- Hartford County - $110,390 per year
- Worcester County - $117,390 per year
- Windham County - $125,170 per year
On average, the highest paid public administration professionals in Massachusetts were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $186,190 per year
- Economic Development Specialist - $85,580 per year
- Community Development Planner - $70,570 per year
The public administration professionals with lowest average salaries in Massachusetts were:
- Community Development Planner - $70,570 per year
- Legislator - per year
For more data regarding a career in public administration in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as sociology or political science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Public Administration in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Public Administration in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Public Administration in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Public Administration in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Public Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Urban and Regional Planners||1,220||$70,570||19.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are public administration related jobs in Massachusetts