There are schools offering sociology degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Massachusetts
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a sociology program is Harvard University, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 0th nationwide. In 2010, Harvard University graduated 54 students from its sociology program. Harvard University charged in-state students $38,415 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a sociology program is Tufts University. Tufts University, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Medford. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Tufts University sociology program. The tuition rate at Tufts University was $41,598 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a sociology program is Amherst College, which is located in Amherst. In 2010, it was ranked 13th nationwide. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Amherst College sociology program. Tuition at Amherst College was $40,862 per year.
Tuition at Massachusetts' sociology schools ranges from $41,598 per year to $3,144 per year. But, the average tuition is $27,089 per year. In 2010, the following Massachusetts sociology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Williams College - located in Williamstown, students are charged $41,434 per year
- Hampshire College - located in Amherst, students are charged $41,299 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts sociology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Bridgewater State University - located in Bridgewater, students are charged $7,053 per year
- Framingham State University - located in Framingham, students are charged $7,065 per year
A sociology degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of sociology graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a sociologist. In 2010, there were 200 sociologists working in Massachusetts. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts sociologists:
- Bristol County - 200 sociologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of sociologists in the state of Massachusetts will grow to 300. This would require a 25% growth in the profession.
A sociologist in Massachusetts earns $62,980 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts sociologists earned as little as less than $41,910 per year or as much as more than $87,970 per year. On average a sociologist earns the most in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Bristol County - $62,980 per year
For more data regarding a career in sociology in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sociology in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||850||$76,380||41.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Massachusetts