There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive surgical technology certificates every year. Thus, Massachusetts' 7 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 112 surgical technologists each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a surgical technologist program is Quincy College. Quincy College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Quincy. In 2010, Quincy College graduated 10 students from its surgical technologist program. Students at Quincy College paid $3,980 per year in tuition fees.
Massachusetts Bay Community College, which is located in Wellesley Hills, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 87th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Massachusetts Bay Community College surgical technologist program. Students at Massachusetts Bay Community College paid $3,624 per year in tuition fees.
Springfield Technical Community College, which was ranked 87th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Springfield. 11 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Springfield Technical Community College in 2010. Springfield Technical Community College charged in-state students $4,386 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' surgical technologist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,848 per year, though tuition can range from $4,386 per year to $3,144 per year. The Massachusetts surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Springfield Technical Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $4,386 per year
- Quinsigamond Community College - located in Worcester, students are charged $4,232 per year
- Quincy College - located in Quincy, students are charged $3,980 per year
The surgical technologist schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Massachusetts Bay Community College - located in Wellesley Hills, students are charged $3,624 per year
- North Shore Community College - located in Danvers, students are charged $3,720 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of surgical technologist graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a surgical technologist. If you decide to work as a surgical technologist in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,290 Massachusetts surgical technologists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts surgical technologists:
- Bristol County - 1,440 surgical technologists
- Windham County - 120 surgical technologists
- Barnstable County - 70 surgical technologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of surgical technologists is expected to grow by 20% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,930 surgical technologists working in the Massachusetts then.
A surgical technologist in Massachusetts makes an average of $48,360 per year. However, Massachusetts surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,830 per year to more than $80,670 per year in 2010. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for a surgical technologist are:
- Essex County - $57,785 per year
- Barnstable County - $52,550 per year
- Windham County - $51,520 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for surgical technologists are:
- Bristol County - $42,790 per year
- Middlesex County - $44,630 per year
- Hartford County - $48,010 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Massachusetts