There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive visual communications degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 621 visual communications professionals graduate from Massachusetts' 36 visual communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a visual communications program is Harvard University, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 0th nationwide. In 2010, Harvard University graduated 42 students from its visual communications program. Tuition at Harvard University was $38,415 per year.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is located in Cambridge, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 9th in the country in 2010. 35 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2010. Students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology paid $39,212 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a visual communications program is Boston University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 0 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Boston University in 2010. Students at Boston University paid $39,864 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Massachusetts' visual communications schools ranges from $41,982 per year to $3,144 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,278 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Massachusetts visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bard College at Simon's Rock - located in Great Barrington, students are charged $41,982 per year
- College of the Holy Cross - located in Worcester, students are charged $39,892 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
The visual communications schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
A visual communications degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Video editor, audio visual technician, and artist are the professions of choice for a majority of visual communications graduates in Massachusetts. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in Massachusetts, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,720 Massachusetts visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 5,530 graphic designers, 460 video editors, and 2,320 audio visual technicians. The Massachusetts counties with the largest populations of visual communications professional are:
- Bristol County - 5,810 visual communications professionals
- Middlesex County - 640 visual communications professionals
- Hartford County - 560 visual communications professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of visual communications professionals is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,770 visual communications professionals working in Massachusetts then. Of these 11,770 visual communications professionals, the government predicts that 8,140 will be graphic designers, 650 will be video editors, and 2,090 will be audio visual technicians.
visual communications professionals in Massachusetts make an average of $50,345 per year. But, salaries for visual communications professional can vary. In 2010, visual communications professional made as little as less than $18,000 per year or as much as more than $105,250 per year in Massachusetts. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for visual communications professionals:
- Franklin County - $49,440 per year
- Essex County - $49,187 per year
- Middlesex County - $49,025 per year
On average, visual communications professionals earn the least in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Worcester County - $36,930 per year
- Barnstable County - $40,250 per year
- Bristol County - $46,371 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Massachusetts were:
- Video Editor - $59,510 per year
- Graphic Designer - $52,170 per year
- Artist - $45,960 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Massachusetts were:
- Artist - $45,960 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $43,740 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Visual Communications in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||2,320||$43,740||146.8%|
|Film and Video Editors||460||$59,510||39.4%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||410||$45,960||13.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Massachusetts