There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive x ray technology degrees every year. That means an estimated 139 x ray technicians graduate from Massachusetts' 10 x ray technician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a x ray technician program is Boston University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 8 students graduated with a degree in x ray technician from Boston University in 2010. The tuition rate at Boston University was $39,864 per year.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts with a x ray technician program is Northeastern University, which is located in Boston. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences x ray technician program. Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences charged in-state students $25,480 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Massachusetts' x ray technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,584 per year, though tuition can range from $39,864 per year to $3,578 per year. The Massachusetts x ray technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Regis College - located in Weston, students are charged $30,300 per year
The x ray technician schools in Massachusetts that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- Massasoit Community College - located in Brockton, students are charged $3,720 per year
- North Shore Community College - located in Danvers, students are charged $3,720 per year
A x ray technician degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from x ray technician school in Massachusetts go on to work as a x ray technician. Massachusetts had 6,760 x ray technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Massachusetts x ray technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 4,310 x ray technicians
- Windham County - 540 x ray technicians
- Hartford County - 530 x ray technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,940 x ray technicians will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of x ray technicians to grow by 10%.
A x ray technician in Massachusetts earns $78,920 per year on average. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for x ray technicians:
- Bristol County - $70,370 per year
- Barnstable County - $68,970 per year
- Essex County - $66,460 per year
The Massachusetts counties with the lowest average salary for x ray technicians are:
- Franklin County - $58,270 per year
- Hartford County - $58,730 per year
- Windham County - $63,840 per year
For more data regarding a career in x ray technology in Massachusetts and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in X Ray Technology in Massachusetts
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Massachusetts
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||6,290||$68,530|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Massachusetts