There are schools offering accounting degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a accounting program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, Michigan State University graduated 378 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a accounting program. It is located in Houghton. In 2010, Michigan Technological University graduated 4 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Michigan Technological University was $12,017 per year.
Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a accounting program. It is located in Allendale. 214 students graduated with degree in accounting from Grand Valley State University in 2010. Grand Valley State University charged in-state students $9,088 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Michigan's accounting schools ranges from $31,186 per year to $2,028 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,882 per year. The Michigan accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Hope College - located in Holland, students are charged $26,510 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
An accounting degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan accounting graduates become accountants. In 2010, there were 28,850 accountants working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan accountants are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 10,040 accountants
- Wayne County - 5,770 accountants
- Barry County - 3,100 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 44,640 accountants working in the Michigan then.
An accountant in Michigan makes an average of $66,450 per year. In 2010, however, some Michigan accountants earned as little as less than $28,070 per year or as much as more than $147,230 per year. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Wayne County - $74,580 per year
- Bay County - $73,850 per year
- Muskegon County - $70,750 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for accountants:
- Alcona County - $50,800 per year
- Monroe County - $55,720 per year
- Berrien County - $58,330 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Michigan
- Certificate in Accounting in Michigan
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||43,060||$35,000||-17.1%|
|Accountants and Auditors||28,850||$66,450||-5.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||14,010||$32,750||-22.9%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||4,110||$36,210||-36.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Michigan