There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Michigan
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Michigan graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 576 administrative assistants graduate from Michigan's 51 administrative assistant schools each year.
Kuyper College, which is located in Grand Rapids, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Kuyper College graduated no students from its administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Kuyper College was $16,390 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a administrative assistant program is Michigan Career and Technical Institute, which is located in Plainwell. In 2010, it was ranked 55th nationwide. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Michigan Career and Technical Institute administrative assistant program. Michigan Career and Technical Institute charged in-state students $4,050 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a administrative assistant program is Career Quest Learning Centers Inc-Lansing. Career Quest Learning Centers Inc-Lansing, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Lansing. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Career Quest Learning Centers Inc-Lansing administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Career Quest Learning Centers Inc-Lansing was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $5,746 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,028 per year to $19,790 per year. The Michigan administrative assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Kuyper College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $16,390 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Wayne - located in Wayne, students are charged $15,625 per year
The following Michigan administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Michigan go on to work as an administrative assistant. Michigan had 28,650 administrative assistants in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan administrative assistants:
- Lapeer County - 9,210 administrative assistants
- Wayne County - 4,940 administrative assistants
- Washtenaw County - 2,780 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Michigan will grow to 43,860. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
An administrative assistant in Michigan earns $43,770 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Michigan administrative assistants earned as little as less than $23,040 per year or as much as more than $65,250 per year. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Wayne County - $47,100 per year
- Clinton County - $46,150 per year
- Lapeer County - $45,060 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Monroe County - $36,680 per year
- Muskegon County - $36,820 per year
- Antrim County - $36,860 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Michigan
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Michigan
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||107,700||$28,210||6.6%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||50,250||$32,450||-10.1%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||28,650||$43,770||-21.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Michigan