There are schools offering advertising programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a advertising program is Michigan State University. Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in East Lansing. In 2010, Michigan State University graduated 385 students from its advertising program. Tuition at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a advertising program. It is located in Allendale. In 2010, 155 students graduated from Grand Valley State University advertising program. Tuition at Grand Valley State University was $9,088 per year.
Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a advertising program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. 99 students graduated with degree in advertising from Central Michigan University in 2010. Tuition at Central Michigan University was $9,688 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan advertising school, average tuition will be $12,269 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,256 per year to $31,186 per year. The Michigan advertising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Spring Arbor University - located in Spring Arbor, students are charged $20,536 per year
The advertising schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- North Central Michigan College - located in Petoskey, students are charged $2,256 per year
- Macomb Community College - located in Warren, students are charged $2,580 per year
- Kellogg Community College - located in Battle Creek, students are charged $2,589 per year
An advertising degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from advertising school in Michigan go on to work as an advertiser. Michigan had 3,750 advertisers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan advertisers:
- Lapeer County - 1,390 advertisers
- Antrim County - 480 advertisers
- Wayne County - 440 advertisers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of advertisers in the state of Michigan will grow to 3,790. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
On average, an advertiser earns a salary of $48,470 per year in Michigan state. In 2010, however, some Michigan advertisers earned as little as less than $16,270 per year or as much as more than $113,720 per year. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for an advertiser are:
- Clinton County - $66,020 per year
- Lapeer County - $58,180 per year
- Washtenaw County - $50,020 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for advertisers:
- Jackson County - $24,760 per year
- Alger County - $24,910 per year
- Allegan County - $33,620 per year
For more data regarding a career in advertising in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Advertising in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Advertising in Michigan
- Certificate in Advertising in Michigan
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||3,750||$48,470||-25.7%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||940||$93,880||-6.0%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||790||$111,120||-8.1%|
|Writers and Authors||730||$50,740||-47.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Michigan