There are schools offering art classes in Michigan!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Michigan
Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a art program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 135 students graduated from Michigan State University's art program. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a art program is Kalamazoo College, which is located in Kalamazoo. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, Kalamazoo College graduated 19 students from its art program. The tuition rate at Kalamazoo College was $34,417 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a art program is Grand Valley State University, which is located in Allendale. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, Grand Valley State University graduated 49 students from its art programs. Grand Valley State University charged in-state students $9,088 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan art school, average tuition will be $10,567 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,088 per year to $34,417 per year. In 2010, the art schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Kalamazoo College - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $34,417 per year
- College for Creative Studies - located in Detroit, students are charged $31,275 per year
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
An art degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of art graduates in Michigan pursue careers as an artist. In 2010, there were 460 artists working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan artists are working in the following counties:
- Wayne County - 100 artists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of artists is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,420 artists working in the Michigan then.
On average, an artist earns a salary of $60,950 per year in Michigan state.
For more data regarding a career in art in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as animation or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Art in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Art in Michigan
- Certificate in Art in Michigan
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||480||$56,020||-7.7%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||460||$60,950|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||140||$39,650||-60.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Michigan