There are schools offering audio engineering programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Audio Engineering Programs in Michigan
Michigan Technological University, which is located in Houghton, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a audio engineering program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 7 students graduated with a degree in audio engineering from Michigan Technological University in 2010. Students at Michigan Technological University paid $12,017 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a audio engineering program is Kuyper College, which is located in Grand Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 43rd nationwide. 0 students graduated with degree in audio engineering from Kuyper College in 2010. Students at Kuyper College paid $16,390 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a audio engineering program is Ferris State University. Ferris State University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Big Rapids. In 2010, Ferris State University graduated 16 students from its audio engineering programs. Students at Ferris State University paid $9,930 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Michigan's audio engineering schools ranges from $16,390 per year to $2,106 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,988 per year. In 2010, the audio engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Kuyper College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $16,390 per year
- Michigan Technological University - located in Houghton, students are charged $12,017 per year
- Ferris State University - located in Big Rapids, students are charged $9,930 per year
The audio engineering schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Schoolcraft College - located in Livonia, students are charged $2,610 per year
An audio engineering degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan audio engineering graduates become audio engineers. Michigan had 280 audio engineers in 2010. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of audio engineers are:
- Lapeer County - 100 audio engineers
On average, an audio engineer earns a salary of $39,850 per year in Michigan state. However, this number is only an average. audio engineers in Michigan had varying salaries from $22,970 to $80,580 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for audio engineers:
- Lapeer County - $49,830 per year
For more data regarding a career in audio engineering in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as audio engineering or audio production, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Engineering in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Engineering in Michigan
- Certificate in Audio Engineering in Michigan
Curious what studying Audio Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,040||$41,220||26.8%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||280||$39,850||27.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio engineering related jobs in Michigan