There are schools offering beauty programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a beauty program is Twin City Beauty College, which is located in Saint Joseph. In 2010, it was ranked 59th nationwide. 78 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Twin City Beauty College in 2010.
Douglas J Aveda Institute, which is located in East Lansing, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 61st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 623 students graduated from Douglas J Aveda Institute beauty program.
Michigan College of Beauty-Monroe, which is located in Monroe, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. 87 students graduated with certificate in beauty from Michigan College of Beauty-Monroe in 2010. Tuition at Michigan College of Beauty-Monroe was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan beauty school, average tuition will be $968 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,106 per year to $19,790 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
- Gogebic Community College - located in Ironwood, students are charged $3,340 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Mott Community College - located in Flint, students are charged $2,602 per year
- Schoolcraft College - located in Livonia, students are charged $2,610 per year
A beauty certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
beauty graduates in Michigan can go into a variety of professions such as barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, salon manager, and makeup artist. If you decide to work as a beauty professional in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 18,930 Michigan beauty professional as of 2010. This number includes 12,090 hairdressers, barbers, and 1,040 estheticians. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of beauty professional are:
- Lapeer County - 5,810 beauty professionals
- Wayne County - 2,550 beauty professionals
- Barry County - 1,860 beauty professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 33,930 beauty professionals will be working in Michigan. This would require the number of beauty professional to grow by 14%.
beauty professionals in Michigan earn $30,745 per year on average. However, Michigan beauty professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,870 per year to more than $108,970 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for beauty professionals:
- Allegan County - $46,403 per year
- Berrien County - $41,380 per year
- Alger County - $40,463 per year
Beauty professionals in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Muskegon County - $21,960 per year
- Monroe County - $22,320 per year
- Alcona County - $25,620 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $53,380 per year
- Salon Manager - $36,090 per year
- Esthetician - $30,990 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Makeup Artist - $22,510 per year
- Barber - $16,740 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in beauty. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Beauty in Michigan
- Certificate in Beauty in Michigan
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance||n/a||$22,510|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||12,090||$24,760||-11.6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||3,890||$36,090||-1.0%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,910||$53,380||33.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Michigan