There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Michigan
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Michigan receive bookkeeping certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 632 bookkeeping clerks graduate from Michigan's 40 bookkeeping schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a bookkeeping program is Ferris State University, which is located in Big Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, Ferris State University graduated 32 students from its bookkeeping program. Tuition at Ferris State University was $9,930 per year.
Gogebic Community College, which is located in Ironwood, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Gogebic Community College bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at Gogebic Community College was $3,340 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a bookkeeping program is Cleary University. Cleary University, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Ann Arbor. 19 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Cleary University in 2010. Students at Cleary University paid $16,560 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Michigan's bookkeeping schools ranges from $16,560 per year to $2,028 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,619 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cleary University - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $16,560 per year
- Davenport University - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $11,964 per year
- Ferris State University - located in Big Rapids, students are charged $9,930 per year
The following Michigan bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. In 2010, there were 43,060 bookkeeping clerks working in Michigan. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan bookkeeping clerks:
- Lapeer County - 11,890 bookkeeping clerks
- Wayne County - 6,820 bookkeeping clerks
- Barry County - 4,520 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that by 2018, the number of bookkeeping clerks in the state of Michigan will grow to 58,530. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
On average, a bookkeeping clerk earns a salary of $35,000 per year in Michigan state. However, this number is only an average. bookkeeping clerks in Michigan had varying salaries from $17,810 to $51,580 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Wayne County - $37,260 per year
- Washtenaw County - $37,100 per year
- Clinton County - $37,050 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Alger County - $29,280 per year
- Alcona County - $29,650 per year
- Allegan County - $30,300 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Bookkeeping in Michigan
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Michigan
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||43,060||$35,000||-17.1%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||14,010||$32,750||-22.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Michigan