There are schools offering business administration degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Michigan
Each year, approximately 4.1% of Michigan graduates receive degrees in business administration. In other words, every year an estimated 11,467 general managers graduate from Michigan's 90 business administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a business administration program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, 516 students graduated from Michigan State University's business administration program. Michigan State University charged in-state students $11,152 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a business administration program is Michigan Technological University. Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Houghton. In 2010, Michigan Technological University graduated 104 students from its business administration program. Students at Michigan Technological University paid $12,017 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a business administration program is Grand Valley State University. Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Allendale. 1 students graduated with degree in business administration from Grand Valley State University in 2010. Tuition at Grand Valley State University was $9,088 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan business administration school, average tuition will be $10,205 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,028 per year to $31,186 per year. The Michigan business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Kettering University - located in Flint, students are charged $29,206 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College - located in Mount Pleasant, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
A business administration degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan business administration graduates become general managers. If you decide to work as a general manager in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 36,840 Michigan general managers as of 2010. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Lapeer County - 11,300 general managers
- Wayne County - 6,600 general managers
- Barry County - 3,460 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Michigan will shrink by -4%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 34,890 general managers working in Michigan.
A general manager in Michigan earns $106,400 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Michigan general managers earned as little as less than $32,370 per year or as much as more than $165,920 per year. On average a general manager earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Wayne County - $120,550 per year
- Lapeer County - $115,160 per year
- Washtenaw County - $108,720 per year
A general manager in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alcona County - $75,970 per year
- Alger County - $81,110 per year
- Bay County - $81,120 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Michigan
- Certificate in Business Administration in Michigan
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,840||$106,400||-8.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||4,930||$77,530||-20.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Michigan