There are schools offering business management courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Business Management Programs in Michigan
Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a business management program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with a degree in business management from Michigan State University in 2010. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a business management program is Michigan Technological University. Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Houghton. Michigan Technological University charged in-state students $12,017 in tuition fees per year.
Central Michigan University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a business management program. It is located in Mount Pleasant. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Central Michigan University business management program. Central Michigan University charged in-state students $9,688 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan business management school, average tuition will be $8,827 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,088 per year to $29,206 per year. The Michigan business management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Kettering University - located in Flint, students are charged $29,206 per year
- Lawrence Technological University - located in Southfield, students are charged $24,633 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
The business management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
A business management degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of business management graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a business administrator. 4,930 business administrators were working in Michigan in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan business administrators:
- Lapeer County - 1,220 business administrators
- Wayne County - 1,050 business administrators
- Washtenaw County - 540 business administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of business administrators in the state of Michigan will grow to 7,850. This would require a 9% growth in the profession.
On average, a business administrator earns a salary of $77,530 per year in Michigan state. In 2010, however, some Michigan business administrators earned as little as less than $26,710 per year or as much as more than $154,360 per year. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a business administrator are:
- Calhoun County - $92,440 per year
- Lapeer County - $90,840 per year
- Washtenaw County - $85,710 per year
The Michigan counties with the lowest average salary for business administrators are:
- Alger County - $53,340 per year
- Genesee County - $60,670 per year
- Ottawa County - $62,430 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in business management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as healthcare management or construction management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Management in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Business Management in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Business Management in Michigan
- Certificate in Business Management in Michigan
Curious what studying Business Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||10,380||$95,530||-24.9%|
|Administrative Services Managers||4,930||$77,530||-20.2%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||790||$111,120||-8.1%|
|Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes||80||n/a||-46.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business management related jobs in Michigan