There are schools offering business degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a business program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, Michigan State University graduated 2,007 students from its business program. Tuition at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
Kalamazoo College, which is located in Kalamazoo, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a business program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Kalamazoo College graduated 3 students from its business program. Tuition at Kalamazoo College was $34,417 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a business program is Michigan Technological University, which is located in Houghton. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, Michigan Technological University graduated 114 students from its business programs. Michigan Technological University charged in-state students $12,017 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan business school, average tuition will be $10,149 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,028 per year to $34,417 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Kalamazoo College - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $34,417 per year
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
The business schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College - located in Mount Pleasant, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
A business degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in Michigan. In 2010, there were 128,920 business professional working in Michigan, including 9,170 business analysts, 10,130 chief executive officers, and 36,840 operations managers. In Michigan, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 41,550 business professionals
- Wayne County - 22,910 business professionals
- Barry County - 12,500 business professionals
The government projects that the number of business professionals in Michigan will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 169,940 business professionals working in Michigan. The greatest growth for business professional is predicted to be amongst Financial Examiners, who are expected to increase by 33% by 2018.
business professionals in Michigan earn $82,580 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Business professional in Michigan had varying salaries from $16,040 to $166,280 per year in 2010. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Monroe County - $92,538 per year
- Washtenaw County - $91,485 per year
- Wayne County - $89,081 per year
The Michigan counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Alger County - $68,083 per year
- Alcona County - $68,479 per year
- Allegan County - $72,781 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $163,080 per year
- Operations Manager - $106,400 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $103,970 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Loan Officer - $51,150 per year
- Credit Counselor - $44,130 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Business in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Michigan
- Certificate in Business in Michigan
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,840||$106,400||-8.8%|
|Accountants and Auditors||28,850||$66,450||-5.9%|
|Administrative Services Managers||4,930||$77,530||-20.2%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||3,090||$94,530||28.2%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,900||$98,460||29.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,660||$103,970|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Michigan